Careers - The Woodhorn Group
Our employees work within three sectors of The Woodhorn Group; at our main office, on our farm or at one of our waste recycling sites – as a diverse company, our team reflects this, coming from all over the world with different backgrounds and areas of expertise.
If you are interested in being a part of the team you can find our current vacancies on this page, or you can complete our online application form and we will be in touch if we have any suitable vacancies in the future.
General Farm Worker
Hours: Full Time
Location: Oving, Chichester, West Sussex
Typical duties include, but not limited to:
- Care of the young stock
- General cultivation work during the growing season – primary and secondary, including harvesting, crop drilling and hedge cutting
- Machinery maintenance
- Loader work
- Use of farm machinery such as tractors and trailers, a telehandler, scraper tractor etc. to complete given tasks
- To ensure that all areas of the farm site are maintained to a high standard and undertake regular cleaning procedures as required
- Farm estate and tractor work as required and instructed
- To observe all health and safety at work regulations in accordance with statutory obligations
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and of others who may be affected by acts or omissions at work.
- Experience in tractor work and arable operations
- Team player
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible attitude to work including seasonal variations to hours worked and a willingness to assist other departments, as required
- General interest in stock
- Loader experience
- Workshop skills advantageous.
To apply please complete our application form by clicking the button below
Why work for us?
Apart from a great working environment and an emphasis on continual career development and training, The Woodhorn Group offer a number of benefits for our employees including:
- After 3 months service eligible employees are automatically enrolled into the People’s Pension scheme
- Option of joining in the company’s health cash plan scheme, receiving cash back for items and services such as dental and optical treatment and discounts at high street stores (after successful probation period)
- Company bonus scheme (after successful probation period)
- Annual salary review on the anniversary of your start date
- Quarterly staff events to bring the company together, including Christmas party and annual family summer BBQ
- Free parking
What’s it like to work at Woodhorn? Click each profile to find out more.